Read Mark 1:1-15
1. Is there anything about the chapter you did not understand?
2. What is the point of this chapter?
3. What does it reveal about who God is/His attributes?
4. Is there a command which I am to obey? If so, what?
5. Is there an example to follow? If so, what?
6. Is there a promise of God to His people? If so, what?
7. Are there specific sins to be avoided? If so, which?
8. How does this passage connect to the rest of Mark and the Bible?
9. How can this passage be applied to my life?
10. What are the different narratives (eg. stories), in this chapter?
11. Look at the first chapter of Matthew, and Luke, what is different about the beginning of those Gospels that is not found in Mark’s.
12. Look at Mark 1:12-13. Why do you think Jesus was tempted? How can Jesus be tempted?
13. Look at Mark 1:14-15. What did John the Baptist mean? Why was his message so simple? How can the simplicity of his presentation of the Gospel message aid in you sharing the Gospel with others? How can this message also be a call to Christians as well?