Read Mark 2:13-17
1. Is there anything about the chapter you did not understand?
2. What is the point of this chapter?
3. What does it reveal about who God is/His attributes?
4. Is there a command which I am to obey? If so, what?
5. Is there an example to follow? If so, what?
6. Is there a promise of God to His people? If so, what?
7. Are there specific sins to be avoided? If so, which?
8. How does this passage connect to the rest of Mark and the Bible?
9. How can this passage be applied to my life?
10. What are the different narratives (eg. stories), in this chapter?
11. Look at Mark 2:13-17. Levi was a tax collector a Jew working for the Roman government, this was seem as a very heinous thing for Jews to do, yet Jesus calls Levi to follow Him. Why did he call Levi? Why did the Pharisees get mad at Jesus? Does anything like this happen today? How can we use this example with Jesus and the tax collectors as a model for evangelism (telling others about Jesus)?
12. Look at Mark 2:17. What does he mean by righteousness? Look at Romans 3:24. How does Paul define righteousness? Are we all sinners before we became righteousness person and a sinner?