Read Mark 3:1-6
- Is there anything about the chapter you did not understand?
- What is the point of this chapter?
- What does it reveal about whom God is/His attributes?
- Is there a command which I am to obey? If so, what?
- Is there an example to follow? If so, what?
- Is there a promise of God to His people? If so, what?
- Are there specific sins to be avoided? If so, which?
- How can this passage be applied to my life?
- What are the different narratives (eg. stories), in this chapter?
- Look at Mark 3:1-6. Summarize what happened in this passage. What did Jesus do? Why is he healing this man? What is Jesus really asking, in his question in v. 4? Why did Jesus enter the synagogue again? This is the same synagogue from chapter 1, what happened last time Jesus was in this synagogue (cf. Mark 1:21-28). What is similar about Mark 3:1-6 and Mark 1:21-28? The Pharisees again get angry, why do they keep getting angry? Do you think their anger keeps growing? What happened when it overflowed? (cf. Mark 3:6) The Herodians are the “royal family” which whom the emperor of Rome put in charge of the Jews. Remember this family name it becomes very important in later chapters. Why would the Pharisees tell the Herodians what Jesus was doing? What did they want them to do?